Dutas (dutasteride) is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostatic adenoma). The drug contributes to the improvement of urination. According to the results of the research, it can promote hair growth in men suffering from alopecia (Dutas for hair loss).
Dutas (dutasteride) is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostatic adenoma). The drug contributes to the improvement of urination.
According to the results of the research, he can promote hair growth in men suffering from alopecia. The drug belongs to the class of inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase, and its mechanism of action is based on preventing the conversion of testosterone to androgen dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
Adenoma of the prostate gland and the accompanying symptoms (frequent urination or weak urine flow) are caused by hormone DHT. This drug helps reduce the prostate, preventing the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase from causing the conversion of testosterone to DHT.
Thus, the prostate gland ceases to put pressure on the bladder, which leads to relief of symptoms associated with urination. As a result, it is possible to prevent urinary retention and avoid surgery due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Androgenic alopecia (also known as male pattern baldness) is a disease that affects men and which causes a gradual loss of hair. Many leading medical experts believe that the conversion of testosterone to DHT is an important factor in baldness in men.
Therefore, a significant part of the research was conducted with a view to a more in-depth study of the potential of this drug in the treatment of hair loss. Thus, the drug has gained popularity among men who used it against baldness.
Dutas (Dutasteride 0.5 mg) is available in the form of capsules, each containing 0.5 mg of active ingredient. The correct dosage is determined by the doctor during the consultation based on symptoms and other individual factors.
In the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), adult men usually receive 0.5 mg (one capsule) per day. In some cases, up to six months of treatment may be required before a marked improvement in symptoms occurs. It is important not to exceed the dosage recommended by your doctor.
Treatment with a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor Dutas (dutasteride) can cause side effects. In case of side effects, tell your doctor. Some possible side effects are listed below:
- sensitivity of mammary glands;
- an increase in mammary glands;
- erectile disfunction;
- decreased sexual desire;
- reduction in the volume of sperm released during sexual intercourse.
If serious adverse events are found, including possible reactions not included in this list, medical care should be sought immediately.
Taking Dutas (dutasteride 0.5 mg) can lead to side effects of a sexual nature. In addition, some patients reported the retention of such reactions after discontinuation of treatment.
Men taking this medication must use a condom during intercourse, since the drug may be contained in semen.The drug is suitable only for the treatment of men and does not apply to women. In addition, women should avoid contact with capsules due to the risk of absorption of the active substance through the skin.
1. In case of an allergic reaction or hypersensitivity reaction, seek medical attention.
2. Possible symptoms of such reactions include: shortness of breath, difficulty swallowing, swelling, a feeling of chest tightness, skin rashes and hives.
3. This drug should be used only in accordance with the directions and prescriptions of the attending physician or pharmacist. Do not independently change the dosage without the appointment of a doctor or pharmacist.
4. Dosage and use often depend on the severity of the disease, as well as on past illnesses and the current state of the patient's health.
5. Before taking this medication, it is necessary to inform the doctor about:
- Pregnancy or lactation;
- The presence of any allergies;
- Presence of any other diseases, disorders or disorders;
- Taking any other medicines or medicines;
- Taking any vitamins or food additives.